The True Facts About Pigeons
- Pigeon droppings carry diseases that are transferable to humans.
- Each pigeon produces an average of 11 kilograms of droppings annually.
- Pigeon droppings are corrosive and can damage equipment and property.
- Pigeons are the only bird that will use their own droppings to make their nest.
- All pigeons are homing pigeons meaning they will never willingly leave their home.
- Pigeons are non-migratory. They are born, live and die in the same place.
- Pigeons can live up to 10 years and can produce up to 10 offspring yearly.
- Our metropolitan areas have created artificial breeding grounds for the once wild
Rock Dove in the form of buildings, bridges etc. where they are safe from predators.
- Man is now providing an unnatural and unlimited supply of food for these feral pests in the
form of garbage dumps, food spills and citizens who unwittingly feed them.
- Is it any wonder why their numbers will continue to increase?
Don't just wish that the pigeons would go away .
Telephone Robert on 021 447 3578 today.
Click here to email us now
|Some of our main products
(click on the picture for more info)